We have followed the star...
And have seen the light of Christ has come into the world!
Who is the light?
"Jesus!" - Sebastian
How do we shine our light?
"Jesus helped people. People who help other people shine their light" - Emerson
"Our lights don't shine on the outside, they shine on the inside." - Finley
"When I run so fast ...God made our bodies." - Henry
"He gave you legs!" - Abe
"When we work." - Elizabeth
"When my mom and I were walking home, we saw someone fall down and someone helped them up. That was shining a light." - Lorelei
"He gave us light to clean the world" - Lizzie
The Sky and Trees children are learning just how many ways we can shine our light...
This little light of mine,
![]() |
| Thanks to the Sky and Trees children for the stars! And those are just the first drafts... |
And have seen the light of Christ has come into the world!
Who is the light?
"Jesus!" - Sebastian
How do we shine our light?
"Jesus helped people. People who help other people shine their light" - Emerson
"Our lights don't shine on the outside, they shine on the inside." - Finley
"When I run so fast ...God made our bodies." - Henry
"He gave you legs!" - Abe
"When we work." - Elizabeth
"When my mom and I were walking home, we saw someone fall down and someone helped them up. That was shining a light." - Lorelei
"He gave us light to clean the world" - Lizzie
The Sky and Trees children are learning just how many ways we can shine our light...
This little light of mine,
Let in shine, let it shine, let it shine!
In the Sky Class,
![]() |
| The worship altar and basket are always open for children to return to the worship story and reflect on it. |
![]() |
| Gloria! Gloria! |
In the Studio,
![]() |
| Starry, starry night... with our new metallic paints! |
![]() |
| "I'm protecting the Baby Jesus. There is a storm outside" |
... I'm gonna let it shine!
In the Trees Class,
... I'm gonna let it shine.
![]() |
| "It looks like a snowflake star" |
![]() |
| "They're in chains! Let's set them free!!!" - Joseph O. |
... I'm gonna let it shine.
In my friendships,
![]() |
| Renee shows that she did something kind and let her light shine by adding many many beads to the kindness jar. |
![]() |
| Wrapping and labeling Christmas gifts for parents with care ... in hopes that vacation soon would be here! |
![]() |
| Sebastian shared the honor of serving Lightning McQueen cupcakes with his friend Aidan |
... I'm gonna let it shine.
Let it shine,
let it shine!
![]() |
| When you follow the direction and line up right away, it feels good! Time for extra hugs. |
We are so full of the light of Christ.
Our lights are shining bright!
The images and reflections you have seen here are powerful. We teachers are witness to them every day — The seeds of kindness, service, empathy, hard work, perseverance that will not only lead children to a life of academic and social success but one that glorifies God!
"Finley is right that it only shines on the inside, except sometimes I can see it on the outside.." - Watson
How?
(Huge smile)
...I see what you mean.
A conversation between Watson and the teacher as they leave the classroom at the end of the day...
"Finley is right that it only shines on the inside, except sometimes I can see it on the outside.." - Watson
How?
(Huge smile)
"You just can!!"
...I see what you mean.
"The light shines in the darkness.
And the darkness did not .."
has not,
and will not,
"...overcome it."
Let your child know when you notice them
shining their light!














