Wednesday, February 26, 2020

The Trees Class Children Are Writers! Part III

As the Trees Class children extend their learning deeper and deeper into our literacy curriculum (weeks of letter formation, months of big and little lines and curve manipulation, and a whole year of recognizing patterns), their eyes are finely tuned to all the writing that they see around them in the classroom all day, including their own!


Here is just a bit of what Mrs. Jordan and I are hearing ...

"That is an 'E' but with the bottom gone." 


Here are a few more ...

"'W' makes me happy! It's because it's my first letter in my name and when Mummy named me I was happy. The thing I like about letters is that my 'W' is in the alphabet." - Weaver

"My 'A' has an angled line... and 'MAX' has an angled line too!" - Abby

"My 'S' has two curves." - Sophia

"Here's the top! Then 'O' comes, then 'J' — I see Big Line, Little Curve, and Little Line." - Jonah 

"My name uses all the shapes because it has so many letters." - Patrick