Move-a-Counter Sentence Game
Line up some small cards, buttons, or stones
at the top of your table, a bit away from you.
Ask a grown-up to read you these sentences:
I HAVE A CAT.
HIS DOG RAN.
HIS DOG RAN.
MY DOG IS BROWN.
THE FISH SWAM NEAR ME.
Now you say the sentence out loud.
Each time you say ONE word, pull ONE counter DOWN.
(Start on the left, the side where you start reading!)
Count how many words were in the sentence.
Here is one I did:
Here is one I did:
You can also play along with Ms. Essajanian if you want!
Challenge Round
Try these longer sentences:
(You will need at least 8 counters for this round.)
(You will need at least 8 counters for this round.)
MY PET HAS FOUR LEGS AND A TAIL.
THE SNAKE ESCAPED FROM HER TANK.
HIS PET HAMSTER ATE MY SANDWICH.


